10 Highest Paid Actresses and the Causes they Support
The French philosopher Voltaire said, “With great power comes great responsibility,” and that is never truer then when it comes to the rich and famous. Today we’ll be looking at the philanthropy efforts of the ten highest paid actresses in Hollywood, as ranked by Forbes Magazine. In the past, I’ve written about the 10 Most Charitable Celebrities from the 2013 Oscar nominees, the top 20 Celebrity Gone Good Part 1 (and Part 2), the 5 Celebrity Charity Events by Musicians, the 10 Celebrities Doing Interesting Things to Change the World, the 10 most charitable celebrities and the 10 Celebrities Doing Good for Women and Girls. Celebrities often make news for scandalous behavior but today we’re going to highlight those using their celebrity for good. So with the help of Look to the Stars, the causes supported by the ten highest paid actresses in Hollywood are:
- Angelina Jolie – Salary: $33 million. Jolie is one of the most philanthropic celebrities and is well known for her work as a United Nations ambassador and she recently shared her very personal health journey to educate women on the importance of being proactive with cancer prevention. She also launched a new jewelry line, Style of Jolie, where 100% of the profits will go to charity and it has already funded an all-girls school in Afghanistan. Angelina has also supported: Afghanistan Relief Organization, Direct Change, Motion Picture and Television Fund Foundation, Alliance For The Lost Boys Of Sudan, Cancer Schmancer Movement, Care to Learn, Cinema For Peace, Clinton Global Initiative, Daniel Pearl Foundation, Doctors Without Borders, Global Action for Children, HALO Trust, Human Rights Watch, Jolie-Pitt Foundation, Kids in Need of Defense, Millennium Promise, Millennium Villages, Muhammad Ali Center, Not On Our Watch, ONE Campaign, Peace One Day, Project A.L.S., Reporters Without Borders, Sophie’s Gift, SOS Children’s Villages, UNHCR, UNICEF, UN Millennium Project, World Food Programme and Yéle Haiti Foundation.
- Jennifer Lawrence – Salary: $26 million. The Oscar-winning actress has supported Bellewood, which works to change “lives and build futures for abused and homeless youth across Kentucky. Since 1849, [their] mission has been to care for, elevate and support neglected young people to become self-sufficient adults.” The Hunger Games star has also supported: DoSomething.org, Feeding America, Screen Actors Guild Foundation, The Thirst Project and World Food Programme.
- Kristen Stewart – Salary: $22 million. Though Stewart is just as famous for her love life as she is her acting career, she still makes time to give back. Last year she appeared at the 12-12-12 Concert to help raise funds for Hurricane Sandy relief. She also donated the Zuhair Murad dress she wore to the Los Angeles premiere of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 to the Robin Hood Foundation. The foundation then put the dress up for auction to help with Hurricane Sandy relief. Stewart also works with Shoe Revolt, Oxfam and Red Cross.
Jennifer Aniston - St Judes Thanks and Giving Campaign
- Jennifer Aniston – Salary: $20 million. Aniston has been a major supporter of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and is often seen in their ads. The star has also supported: AmeriCares, Bear Necessities Pediatric Cancer Foundation, Clothes Off Our Back, Declare Yourself, EB Medical Research Foundation, Entertainment Industry Foundation, Feeding America, Friends of El Faro, GLAAD, Habitat For Humanity, Lili Claire Foundation, Luke Neuhedel Foundation, Motion Picture and Television Fund Foundation, OmniPeace, Project A.L.S., Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network, Stand Up To Cancer and US Campaign for Burma.
- Emma Stone – Salary: $16 million. Emma and boyfriend Andrew Garfield decided to use the paparazzi to bring attention to a cause close to their hearts. They held up hand written signs, Emma’s read “We just found out that there are paparazzi outside the restaurant we were eating in. So… why not take this” and Andrew’s sign continued with “opportunity to bring attention to organizations that need and deserve it? www.gildasclubnyc.org Have a great day!” She has also supported: Stand Up To Cancer and Worldwide Orphans Foundation.
- Charlize Theron – Salary: $15 million. The Academy Award winner is a great proponent of women’s rights and founded the Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project to keep Africa’s youth safe from HIV/AIDS. She filmed a commercial in South African opposing violence against woman as part of the Real Men Don’t Rape campaign. Additionally she has supported: 21st Century Leaders, American Foundation for AIDS Research, Artists for Peace and Justice, Best Friends Animal Society, Clothes Off Our Back, Dogs Deserve Better, Entertainment Industry Foundation, Food Bank For New York City, Global Green, Luke Neuhedel Foundation, Madisons Foundation, Make It Right, Mpilonhle, Much Love Animal Rescue, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Onyx and Breezy Foundation, PETA, Population Services International, Project Angel Food, Red Cross, Stand Up To Cancer, Whatever It Takes and YouthAIDS.
- Sandra Bullock – Salary: $14 million. The Academy Award winner has also garnered some attention for her work helping New Orleans rebuild from Hurricane Katrina. In fact, she was the recipient of the People’s Choice first-ever Favorite Humanitarian award for her work rebuilding Warren Easton Charter High School after the damage it sustained in Katrina. She has also supported: American Foundation for AIDS Research, Motion Picture and Television Fund Foundation, Partners in Health, Red Cross and Tuesday’s Children.
- Natalie Portman – Salary: $14 million. The Oscar Winner helped launch FINCA’s Village Banking Campaign and she also has supported: 826 National, Afghanistan Relief Organization, Artists for Peace and Justice, Declare Yourself, Food Bank For New York City, Listen Campaign, Live 8, Milo Gladstein Foundation, PETA, Screen Actors Guild Foundation, Shoe4Africa, The Lunchbox Fund and Tony Blair Faith Foundation.
- Mila Kunis – Salary: $11 million. The talented young actress supports Artists for Peace and Justice, Chrysalis and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Julia Roberts – Salary: $11 million. Roberts has long been American’s sweetheart and is known for her charity like being a boardmember of the Hole in the Wall Gang organization. She has also supported: Children’s Hospice & Palliative Care, Global Fund, Kids Wish Network, ONE Campaign, (RED), Red Cross, Shane’s Inspiration, Stand Up To Cancer and UNICEF.
For nonprofit, nonprofit fundraising, CSR business and other news, connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Pinterest or subscribe to our RSS feed.
Miratel Solutions is a Toronto call centre, eBusiness, and letter shop mail house specializing in professional fundraising services including telephone fundraising, online fundraising, lottery services, donation caging, donation processing and other donor management services. We are committed to our CSR business values in all contact centre services and mail house operations and advancing the missions of the nonprofits we proudly serve.