At Miratel, we believe that doing well means doing right by our customers, our employees, our environment and our global community. With that in mind, Miratel operates and manages its Toronto call center business and services not only to increase profitability but also to promote the well being of our community with the utmost respect for our environment.
We feel that incorporating proven examples of ethical behaviour is yet another facet that makes us stand out from our competition for clients who are choosing an outsourcing partner for call center services.
Miratel considers the triple bottom line in its every business decision – people, planet and profit. We expect to be held accountable to these high standards because we demand them of ourselves. Our Corporate Responsibility goes beyond words on a page; it’s action. We walk the talk at every opportunity. We wouldn’t have it any other way.
Miratel’s Green Initiatives
Miratel conducts its business activities in an environmentally responsible manner. We take pride in being industry leaders and adopting progressive environmental practices that demonstrate a commitment to our green initiatives. We are constantly evaluating the way we manage our business and services, looking for ways to reduce our carbon footprint and minimize our impact on the planet. Each of our initiatives brings us closer to becoming a truly green call center. Our Toronto call center and its employees embrace these principles that help make us unique in the industry.
A keen attention to sustainability is both the right thing to do and the smart thing to do. Our green initiatives provide a healthier working and living environment for us all.
As Miratel grows, we’ll take the initiative to implement innovative and responsible environmental practices across our company to ensure we remain eco-efficient while encouraging our employees to be green. Working with an eco call center is yet another reason to partner with Miratel.
Our Green Initiatives Include:
- Bullfrog Power: Our facilities incorporate renewable energy sources through our partnership with Bullfrog Power.
- Recycling Programs: Our goal is to generate zero waste wherever possible. To this end, we have an internal recycling program for paper, cardboard, glass, plastic and metals.
- Toxin Free Green Cleaning Only: Our goal is to eliminate toxins from the air we breathe. We only partner with Green Cleaning suppliers and conduct our cleaning in-house to ensure adherence to the principals of our green initiatives.
- Sustainable Procurement: Wherever possible, we will utilize environmentally-responsible office products and service solutions such as 100% post consumer waste paper.
- We provide filtered water and a reusable drinking receptacle to all employees to reduce one-time use drinking containers.
- We are members of local Green organizations such as Green Enterprise Toronto and Recycling Council of Ontario.
- As members of Freecycle North York, we give away whatever we can’t use to them in support of our zero waste mandates.
- Responsible Consumption Practices – we power down/off and maintain temperatures cognizant of energy efficiency.
- We encourage Tele-conferencing/Web-conferencing with our clients to cut down on carbon emissions associated with traveling.
- Communication: Our comprehensive Green Initiatives are designed to empower, engage and educate our employees so that we can work together to make a difference and set a green example in our community. In 2010 we’ve created a green committee of volunteers who actively promote our green initiatives and recommend new ideas.
- Meatless Monday: We take active participation in and promote the Meatless Monday campaign. Meatless Monday promotes personal and planetary health by encouraging a plant based diet.
- Carbon Neutral Website: By partnering with CO2 Neutral, carbon emissions from both the website and users of the website have been neutralized by the building of new renewable energy sources and by the purchase of certified CO2 offsets.
Miratel manages its services and conducts its business activities at our Toronto call center to the highest ethical standards. As members of the global community, Miratel believes that promoting social justice is our collective responsibility and as a corporation, we need to lead by example. We do so with the following principles:
- Miratel respects internationally accepted legal principles and obey the laws of countries in which it does business.
- Miratel respects the privacy rights of its employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Miratel promotes a work environment of equal opportunity for all employees and does not engage in unlawful discrimination.
- Miratel Solutions Inc. (MSI) is committed to equity in employment and providing a workplace environment that treats all employees with respect and dignity. We must reflect the diversity of Canadian society in our workforce and proactively manage special measures outlined in the Employment Equity Act. In support of this goal, we have established a formalized Employment Equity Program within our organization in accordance with the high-standards of Human Resources Skills Development Canada criteria.
- Miratel Solutions Inc. is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment that is free of violence and harassment for all of its employees and consistent with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and other applicable legislation. To further support this goal, we have a Health and Safety Policy and Committee in place to monitor and regulate our work environment.
- Miratel vets all suppliers and distributors to ensure they comply with applicable laws and generally accepted principles relating to business ethics and fair wage/fair labour standards.
The basis of many of our commitments as a leading North American call center are founded on the principles that incorporating doing the right thing is something a business can and should do. We know that building these principles into our corporate practices makes us more unique in our field and a clear choice as your outsourced partner.