10 Best Countries for Customer SatisfactionBusiness in Toronto / Ontario, Call Centre, Economic News, News, Toronto News | Elyse | August 28, 2013 at 12:01 am
I like to highlight how Canada ranks in global lists and I have done this in posts like the best country to live, smartest countries, the happiest countries, the most peaceful countries, the most sustainable countries, the friendliest countries, the most charitable countries, the most prosperous countries, the best countries for quality of life, the best countries for business, the top countries for life expectancy, the best countries for working women, the best country for world travel & tourism, the best countries for human development, the top countries for Clean Capitalism, the best country for child well-being, the best countries from social progress, the best countries for higher education, the most popular countries, the least corrupt countries, the best countries for paid vacation days, the countries with the best reputation, the best countries for global professionals, the best countries for ease of doing business, the best countries for starting a business and the best country for business. Today’s list has particular interest to us though because it’s based on customer service and that is something that we take pride in delivering on behalf of our clients through our Toronto contact centre services. And apparently this is indicative of the Canadian approach overall according to the 10 best countries for customer satisfaction from the Zendesk Benchmark, Q2 2013 In Focus: Customer Self-Service report.
Zendesk, a software development company, introduced the Zendesk Benchmark report in March 2012 as it was a way for “participating companies to compare their support performance against their industry peers.” Zendesk’s didn’t use traditional survey or report methodology but rather based their findings on “actual support and customer service interactions from more than 16,000 companies across 125 countries who have chosen to participate” and measured “key metrics around customer support efficiency, customer self-service behavior, and levels of customer engagement.” According to Zendesk, the top 10 countries for customer satisfaction in the second quarter of 2013 are:
- New Zealand – Second quarter 2013 score: 92%. This was down 1% percent from a first quarter score of 93%.
- Canada – Second quarter 2013 score: 91%. Canada managed to increase their customer satisfaction score by 4% in between the first and second quarters of 2013.
- Australia – Second quarter 2013 score: 89%. Australia also raised their score by 4% in the second quarter.
- Norway – Second quarter 2013 score: 89%. Norway increased their score by 2% in the second quarter.
- Denmark – Second quarter 2013 score: 89%. Denmark improved their second quarter score by 1%.
- United Kingdom – Second quarter 2013 score: 87%. The UK also experienced a marginal increase of 1% in between quarters.
- Czech Republic – Second quarter 2013 score: 87%. The Czech Republic’s score increased in the second quarter by 4%.
- Finland – Second quarter 2013 score: 86%. Finland experienced a modest 1% increase in their score for the second quarter.
- Russia – Second quarter 2013 score: 86%. Russia’s score increased the most of any country in the top ten, as they gained 6% percent in the second quarter findings.
- Mexico – Second quarter 2013 score: 85%. Mexico improved their score by 4% in the second quarter.
There was a 3% increase overall in the second quarter and the average customer satisfaction score in the Zendesk Benchmark reached 81%. This increase “coincided with a couple of larger trends. First, industries with historically low customer satisfaction, in particular financial services, saw some of the highest gains in percentage terms. Meanwhile, consumers generally have been reporting greater confidence in the economy, and, not surprisingly, the trend of rising consumer confidence worldwide parallels the rise in customer satisfaction in the Zendesk Benchmark.”
According to the Zendesk Benchmark, Q2 2013 In Focus: Customer Self-Service report, Canada increased 4% and is adopting services like self-serve options via online forums, communities and social media. These initiatives cater to and satisfy customer’s changing needs while maintaining service standards to remain competitive with other countries. Congrats Canada.
For nonprofit, CSR business, Canada and other news, please connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin or subscribe to our RSS feed. Miratel Solutions is a Canada call centre, eBusiness, and letter shop mail house specializing in professional fundraising services including telephone fundraising, online fundraising, lottery services, donation caging, donation processing and other donor management services. We are committed to our CSR business values and advancing the missions of the non-profits we proudly serve.