10 Best Meatless Monday Recipe Posts of 2012
This is the final entry in our “Best of 2012” series which has already featured the 10 best Nonprofit fundraising posts, the 10 best Social Media for Nonprofit Fundraising posts and the 10 Best CSR Related Posts from 2012. Miratel supports the Meatless Monday movement and considers doing so one of its CSR business initiatives. We feature a recipe every week to help make going meat-free easier and the top 10 recipe posts according to views are listed below.
- Meatless Monday with Baked Vegetable Egg Rolls. This recipe for Baked Egg Rolls came from For the Love of Cooking which is a fantastic website that is lovingly cared for by Pam with great recipes and photos. These baked egg rolls are crunchy, fresh, delicious and easy to make. This recipe is vegan providing the wrappers used do not contain eggs.
- Meatless Monday with Vegan Rustic Bread & Eggplant Lasagna. This inventive recipe for Vegan Rustic Bread & Eggplant Lasagna comes courtesy of Vegan Yum Yum and although it calls for sourdough, any hardy artisan type of bread will work just as well. Also, if you prefer another vegetable over eggplant like zucchini for example, feel free to swap that as well. It may seem like a lot of steps but it’s well worth the effort.
- Meatless Monday with Vegan Baked Mushroom Risotto and Caramelized Onions. This recipe elevates simple risotto by teaming it with delicious antioxidant-rich mushrooms and sweet caramelized onions. This vegan Baked Mushroom Risotto and Caramelized Onions recipe came from the website The Kitchn and will have your kitchen smelling like a trattoria.
- Meatless Monday with Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers. This recipe for Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers is a twist on the traditional meat version but made deliciously vegetarian with brown rice, wild rice and black beans all perfectly balanced in one sweet pepper. This recipe comes courtesy of Planet Forward.
- Meatless Monday with Eggplant Mozzarella Melt and Mediterranean Garbanzo Salad. This recipe for an eggplant and mozzarella melt comes by way of the Martha Stewart kitchens at Everyday Food. To serve alongside the melt is a recipe for a Mediterranean garbanzo salad which comes courtesy of Whole Foods Market.
- Meatless Monday with Quinoa Beet Salad. This vegan recipe for a quinoa beet salad was created by Chef Mark Russell, the public executive chef of the new flagship Loblaws store at Maple Leaf Gardens. This delicious, light dish combines two nutrient powerhouse foods as Quinoa is a gluten-free super food that is also a source of protein. It is high in fibre, as well as vitamins such as calcium, vitamin E, iron, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, folic acid and beta carotene. Combining quinoa with other vegetables makes this a complete and perfect meal.
- Meatless Monday with Vegetarian Valentine’s Day Menu. This vegetarian recipe for an Open Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli recipe comes courtesy of BBC Good Food Olive Magazine and it is a simple dish that is easy to make with beautiful flavour and gourmet flair. Also included is the recipe for the Waldorf Astoria’s Red Velvet Cake which came courtesy of Food.com. Even those that are not certain of their culinary skills will be able make this elegant feast.
- Meatless Monday with Pancakes for Shrove Tuesday Supper. This recipe was in honour of Shrove/Pancake/Fat Tuesday which marks the end of carnival and the beginning of the Lenten season. Even if you do not recognize this holiday, you can still enjoy a vegetarian pancake dinner as it’s always a fun treat especially when it’s a delicious buttermilk variety like this recipe. This Best Buttermilk Pancake recipe comes courtesy of Chatelaine Magazine and it’s tried, tested and true to its name.
- Meatless Monday with Vegan Samosa Casserole. This vegan recipe brings all the delicious flavours of a traditional Indian Samosa in one easy to make and low fat “pie”. This great Samosa Casserole recipe comes courtesy of Vegetarian Times and although it may seem like a few more steps than feasible for a weeknight meal, you can make this ahead of time, freeze it and then bake it on a Monday (or other) night.
- Meatless Monday with Vegan Thanksgiving Dinner and Happy World Vegetarian Day. This post highlights favourite traditional recipes that will make for a delicious holiday dinner and features a vegan Hippie Loaf from Happy Herbivore, Tasty Thanksgiving Vegan Stuffing from (She Knows) Miso Vegan, Vegan Thanksgiving Gravy from What Would Cathy Eat and Chocolate-Pumpkin Bread Pudding from Chloe Coscarelli at NYTimes.
That concludes our Best of 2012 series. Thanks to everyone who stopped by and read our blog throughout 2012. We hope to see you back here in the new year. Here’s to health, peace and balance in 2013. Cheers!
For nonprofit, nonprofit fundraising, CSR business and other news, connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Pinterest or subscribe to our RSS feed.
Miratel Solutions is a Toronto call centre, eBusiness, and letter shop mail house specializing in professional fundraising services including telephone fundraising, online fundraising, lottery services, donation caging, donation processing and other donor management services. We are committed to our CSR business values in all contact centre services and mail house operations and advancing the missions of the nonprofits we proudly serve.