10 Top Celebrity Salaries from Parade Magazine and their PhilanthropyCSR Business, CSR Canada, Fundraising Services, Lottery fundraising, News, Non-profit fundraising, Philanthropy | Elyse | March 22, 2013 at 12:01 am
Parade Magazine’s annual jobs survey has been published and they’ve shared the salaries of some of the world’s favorite stars. With help of Look to the Stars and other resources, today I’m looking at the philanthropic efforts of 10 of Parade Magazine’s celebrities who’s salaries have been revealed (in alphabetical order below):
- Adele - Age: 24. Salary: $32 million (est.). Philanthropy: The Academy Award winner for the smash hit Bond song Skyfall has been a proponent of the Sands Stillborn & neonatal death charity, Music Cares, Keep a Child Alive, Save the Music and Amnesty International.
Justin Bieber - Age: 19. Salary: $55 million (est.). Philanthropy: Even though the Canadian popstar has received some bad publicity lately he is still also known for his charitable work. He donated $100,000 so homeless children could go to school and his Believe Charity Drive raised over $1 million. This is in addition to his work with Pencils of Promise and Make-A-Wish Foundation. Also, he donated $1 from every ticket sold from his Believe tour to charity and the proceeds from four NYC area shows went to Hurricane Sandy relief. Other charities Biebs has contributed to includes Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, City of Hope, Cure Duchenne, Food Bank For New York City, Give Back Hollywood Foundation, GRAMMY Foundation, It Gets Better Project, Jumpstart, Musicians on Call, Red Cross, Stratford Ontario Food Bank and Usher’s New Look Foundation.
- Guy Fieri – Age: 45. Salary: $8 million (est.). Philanthropy: The Food Network star has his own foundation Cooking with Kids (CWK), which “is dedicated to educating young people and their families about cooking, healthier eating, and how cooking together as a family can be fun.” He has also hosted Toronto’s Mount Sinai hospital’s Celebrity Chef’s Challenge 2012.
- Anne Hathaway – Age: 30. Salary: $10 million (est.). Philanthropy: The best supporting actress Oscar winner for “Les Miserables” has been a contributor and supporter of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital since the beginning of her career. Additionally she has supported the following charities: Alzheimer’s Association, Clinton Foundation, Creative Coalition, Feeding America, GLSEN, Human Rights Campaign, It Gets Better Project, Lollipop Theater Network, Oxfam, Step Up, The Hollywood Cookbook, The Trevor Project and White Knot for Equality.
- LeBron James – Age: 28. Salary: $57.5 million (est.). Philanthropy: The Miami Heat basketball star founded the LeBron James Family Foundation. James used his much-publicized announcement about moving from Cleveland to Miami to raise over $2.5 million for the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. He has supported charities like: After-School All-Stars, Children’s Defense Fund and ONEXONE.
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen – Age: 26. Salary: $40 million each (est.). Philanthropy: These famous twins have sported charities like Free Arts NYC, Screen Actors Guild Foundation, Skid Row Housing Trust, The Art of Elysium and Toy Mountain Campaign.
- Brad Pitt - Age: 49. Salary: $35.5 million (est.). Philanthropy: This famous actor’s charity work has become something that he is well known for. He has founded a number of charities like the Make It Right Nola Foundation which helps to rebuild in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. In addition, he is one of the founders of Not On Our Watch and the Jolie-Pitt Foundation with Angelina Jolie. Other charities Pitt has worked with includes: African Children’s Choir, Alliance For The Lost Boys Of Sudan, American Foundation for Equal Rights, Ante Up For Africa, Boys’ and Girls’ Clubs of Canada, Care to Learn, Child Find Ontario, Cure Autism Now, Daniel Pearl Foundation, DATA, Direct Change, Donate Life America, EB Medical Research Foundation, ENOUGH Project, Global Action for Children, Global Green, HALO Trust, Human Rights Watch, Live 8, Make Poverty History, Millennium Promise, Millennium Villages, Mineseeker Foundation, Motion Picture and Television Fund Foundation, ONE Campaign, ONEXONE, Project A.L.S., Right To Play, Satellite Sentinel Project, Solar Neighbors Program, Sophie’s Gift, UNHCR, UNICEF, UN Millennium Project, World Food Programme and Yéle Haiti Foundation.
- Taylor Swift - Age: 23. Salary: $57 million (est.). Philanthropy: Though this singer-songwriter is the third highest-paid woman in entertainment she’s made giving back a priority, as she was number one on the list of the 20 Celebs Gone Good of 2012. She is the youngest person ever to receive the Ripple of Hope Award from the Robert F. Kennedy Center. Swift also donated $4 million to the Country Hall of Fame Museum. She has also supported charities such as: ACM Lifting Lives, Children in Need, Clothes Off Our Back, DonateMyDress.org, DoSomething.org, Entertainment Industry Foundation, Family Health International, Feeding America, GRAMMY Foundation, Habitat For Humanity, Hands On Nashville, Heroes in Heels, MusiCares, Music for Relief, PROJECT ZAMBI, Red Cross, Save The Music Foundation, Shoe Revolt, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Soles4Souls, Stand Up To Cancer, Tug McGraw Foundation, UNICEF, Victory Junction Gang and Wish Upon A Hero Foundation.
- Sofia Vergara – Age: 40. Salary: $21 million (est.). Philanthropy: The Modern Family star used her 40th birthday as a way to bring awareness and funds to Dreams without Borders, a charity that helps bring orphans from Vergara’s home country of Columbia to Disneyland. She has also worked with charities like: American Foundation for Equal Rights, Cure Duchenne, Entertainment Industry Foundation, NALIP, Stand Up To Cancer and THORN.
- Serena Williams – Age: 31. Salary: $19 million (est.). Philanthropy: The tennis champion is also a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador. She has supported charities like: Build African Schools, Common Ground Foundation, Elton John AIDS Foundation, Great Ormond Street Hospital, Hearts of Gold, I Heart My Girlfriends, The HollyRod Foundation and World Education.
Though these celebrities are tremendously successful they continue to remain focused on giving back. Hopefully the generosity of these ten celebrities will serve to inspire their fans and contemporaries to make their own mark.
Miratel Solutions is a Toronto call centre, eBusiness, and letter shop mail house specializing in professional fundraising services including telephone fundraising, online fundraising, lottery services, donation caging, donation processing and other donor management services. We are committed to our CSR business values in all contact centre services and mail house operations and advancing the missions of the nonprofits we proudly serve.