TIFF 2012 Celebrities and the Causes They Support Part 3
Welcome back to the third and final installment of my look at the philanthropic efforts of some of the stars attending the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) which closes this weekend. TIFF is a special time of year here in Toronto and I love that it’s also becoming known as a festival of fundraising and I have featured the connection of celebrities and philanthropy in posts such as Part 1 and Part 2 of the TIFF attendees, 10 Most Charitable Celebrities from the 2012 Oscar Nominees, the 10 Top Forbes Power Celebrities and the Charities They Support, the 10 Highest Paid Celebrities from Forbes Under 30 List and their Philanthropic Efforts, 10 Top Celebrity Charitable Contributions Based on Publicity Value, the 10 Highest Paid Actors from Forbes List and their Charities and 5 of the Highest Paid Celebrity Couples and Their Charitable Associations. I’m using Look to the Stars to help research the charities supported by these TIFF celebrities.
Ewan McGregor from TIFF 2012
Ewan McGregor will be featuring The Impossible at TIFF and has supported many charities including 21st Century Leaders, CHAS Children’s Hospice Association Scotland, CLIC Sargent, Clothes Off Our Back, GO Campaign, Luke Neuhedel Foundation, Make Poverty History, Medicinema, Riders For Health, Sense, Sightsavers International, UNICEF and Whatever It Takes.
- Eva Mendes is also in town for the film The Impossible and she has supported the following charities like 4REAL Foundation, Afghanistan Relief Organization, Chrysalis, DKMS, Food Bank For New York City, PETA, Revlon Run/Walk For Women, Special Olympics, The Art of Elysium, The Lunchbox Fund and World Education.
- Julianne Moore will be attending TIFF for What Maisie Knew and she has supported numerous charities such as AmberWatch Foundation, Clothes Off Our Back, Dress for Success, Human Rights Campaign, Keep America Beautiful, Love Our Children USA, Red Cross, Save the Children, Screen Actors Guild Foundation, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, The Art of Elysium and Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance.
Viggo Mortensen from TIFF 2012
Viggo Mortensen will be at the festival with two films Everybody Has a Plan and On The Road and he is a supporter of charities like American Wild Horse Preservation Campaign, Return To Freedom, Save the Chimps, Spirit Riders Foundation and The Children’s Clinic.
- Bill Murray is in Toronto with his film Hyde Park on Hudson and he has supported charities such as Augie’s Quest, Casey Lee Ball Foundation, Guardian Catholic Schools and St. Vincent’s HealthCare.
- Gwyneth Paltrow will be attending TIFF with the film Thanks for Sharing and she has supported causes like Act Green, American Cancer Society, Environmental Media Association, Food Bank For New York City, Healthy Child Healthy World, Hoping Foundation, Keep A Child Alive, Kids Company, National Woman’s History Museum, Prince’s Trust, Raising Malawi, The Lunchbox Fund, UNICEF and White Ribbon Alliance.
- Dennis Quaid is in town for At Any Price and, aside from founding the Quaid Foundation, has supported other charities like Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Dennis Quaid Charity Weekend, International Hospital for Children, Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center and NCCRA.
Susan Sarandon from TIFF 2012
Susan Sarandon has The Company You Keep and Cloud Atlas at TIFF and the long-time activist has supported many causes like 21st Century Leaders, 46664, Action Against Hunger, Alzheimer’s Association, AmberWatch Foundation, Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, CANY, Champions for Children, Children’s Aid Society, Cinema For Peace, CITYarts, Companions in Courage Foundation, Creative Coalition, Endometriosis Foundation of America, FilmAid International, Hearts of Gold, Heifer International, Hope North, Libby Ross Foundation, Live 8, MASSIVEGOOD, Oxfam, Peace Over Violence, Red Cross, Somaly Mam Foundation, Stand Up To Cancer, St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters, TigerTime, UNICEF, V-Day, Whatever It Takes and Yéle Haiti Foundation.
- Adam Sandler is joining Andy Samberg at TIFF with their film Hotel Transylvania and aside from donating $1 million to the Boys and Girls Club in his hometown of Manchester, New Hampshire, Sandler also supports Animal Rescue Foundation, Ante Up For Africa, Autism Speaks, Chris Farley Foundation, Clothes Off Our Back, EB Medical Research Foundation, ENOUGH Project, Feeding America, Life Rolls On Foundation, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Not On Our Watch and Toys for Tots.
Emma Watson from TIFF 2012
Emma Watson is coming to TIFF with her film The Perks of Being a Wallflower and she has supported causes like Great Ormond Street Hospital, Millennium Promise, Sense and ShelterBox.
- Kiefer Sutherland is bringing his film The Reluctant Fundamentalist to TIFF 2012 and he has supported charities like Artists Against Racism, Children’s Hospice & Palliative Care Coalition, Clothes Off Our Back, Collaboration Foundation, Global Fund for Women, Keep Memory Alive, Red Cross, Save The Music Foundation and Trillium Gift of Life Network.
- Bruce Willis is bringing the film Looper and beyond founding the Bruce Willis Foundation, has supported charities such as Children’s Hospice & Palliative Care Coalition, Fisher House Foundation, Screen Actors Guild Foundation and Special Olympics.
These high profile stars are influencing giving with their fans and raising the profile of some very worthy causes. Plus they are building on the charitable spirit that is TIFF and 2012 has had a great spirit.
For nonprofit, nonprofit fundraising, CSR business and other news, connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Pinterest or subscribe to our RSS feed.
Miratel Solutions is a Toronto call centre, eBusiness, and letter shop mail house specializing in professional fundraising services including telephone fundraising, online fundraising, lottery services, donation caging, donation processing and other donor management services. We are committed to our CSR business values in all contact centre services and mail house operations and advancing the missions of the nonprofits we proudly serve.