5 Best Vegan Recipes from Meatless Monday Posts in 2013
We are continuing our “best of 2013” series that we started here last week with the 5 most popular vegan recipes included as part of our weekly Meatless Monday recipe share. Miratel supports Meatless Monday as part of our CSR business commitment as it promotes eliminating meat from your diet one day per week because meat has more of an impact on the environment than any other food we eat. Did you know producing one pound of beef uses as much water as taking 60 showers and as much fuel as driving a car 32 miles? We feature a new meat-free recipe every Monday to help make eating more plant-based easier (even if it’s only for one day). We previously highlighted the top 10 vegetarian recipes from 2012 and today we present our top 5 vegan recipes from 2013:
- Meatless Monday with a Vegan St. Patrick’s Day Feast. The luck of the Irish? I don’t know but this was our most popular vegan recipe post from 2013. Featuring vegan versions of traditional Irish dishes like vegan Irish stew, soda bread and Guinness brownies. No one will even notice there is no meat included in this healthy and hearty meal that’s also simple enough to make any night. Slainte!
- Meatless Monday with Vegan Crispy Cajun Chickpea Cakes. This recipe is courtesy of the Vegan Dad blog and even though it was just posted in November, it quickly shot to #2 on this best of 2013 list and with good reason. This is an amazing recipe – delicious, satisfying, so simple to make and it’s gluten-free too. These chickpea cakes are even great to make ahead and keep in the freezer for when you need something super fast. You can eat them with salad, on a sandwich or as a main course protein source. I can’t rave enough about them and neither could so many of our readers.
- Meatless Monday with Vegan Crab Cakes with Sauce. This recipe proves (once again) that even though you are eating vegan, you don’t have to sacrifice the non-vegan flavours you knew and enjoyed. Plus it also includes directions for making a vegan cocktail and tartar sauce to accompany the cakes. Zucchini is so versatile and delicious here.
- Meatless Monday with (Vegan) Lentil and Mushroom Bourguignon. A vegan twist on a classic French dish and no one will even miss the meat. This delicious, gourmet meal is perfect if you are looking for a meal that is a little more special for when company is coming or for yourself just because.
- Meatless Monday with Vegan Orange Glazed Sesame Tofu and Pistachio Cabbage Slaw. This is a two-for-one post as it features 2 great recipes that are light and flavourful – perfect for summer or for kicking off the new year with a commitment to healthy eating.
That’s it for today’s top 5 “best of” posts from 2013. We’ll continue tomorrow with our 5 most popular social media efforts for nonprofit fundraising posts from 2013. If you haven’t already, we encourage you to visit the Meatless Monday website and join us in taking the pledge today. Spread the word at home and at work and promote CSR business initiatives to make your green call centre, office, factory, shop, restaurant or salon even greener. ___________________________________________________________________________________
For nonprofit, nonprofit fundraising, CSR business and other news, connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Pinterest or subscribe to our RSS feed.
Miratel Solutions is a Toronto call centre, eBusiness, and letter shop mail house specializing in professional fundraising services including telephone fundraising, online fundraising, lottery services, donation caging, donation processing and other donor management services. We are committed to our CSR business values in all contact centre services and mail house operations and advancing the missions of the nonprofits we proudly serve.